Cheshire Gardens Trust - Sharing Cheshire's Designed Landscapes
Research and Record Cheshire's Landscape HeritageOverleigh Cemetery, Chester
Support the Maintenance and Development of Cheshire's Public ParksSwiss Bridge, Birkenhead Park
Protect and Conserve Cheshire's Landscapes at RiskCheadle Royal Hospital
Raise Appreciation & Understanding of Cheshire's Designed landscapesHenbury Hall and Gardens
Raising Awareness of Cheshire's Modern GardensSandymere
Welcome to Cheshire Gardens Trust and our newly redesigned website which we hope you enjoy visiting. We plan to make further amendments and continue adding to it with additional information so would welcome your views and comments. Please contact us: email@example.com
We are an organisation of volunteers who care about Cheshire’s rich heritage of parks, gardens and designed landscapes. Our membership encompasses those who simply enjoy visiting gardens to professional designers, horticulturalists and historians. Visits and talks run throughout the year where we visit parks and gardens, meet gardeners, owners and designers for that ‘inside’ view and understanding. Join us for an event as a visitor or as a new member and find out about your county’s gardens.
The Cote d'Azur - the English dream of paradise, Stephanie Knoblich
The Events Group has expanded its field of activity! The next CGT talk via Zoom to take place on Tuesday 1st February 2022 at 2pm. We are delighted that our speaker will be Stephanie Knoblich, writer, journalist with a passion for gardens, Stephanie has researched and written about modern and historical gardens, primarily in German and French. For those Cheshire Gardens Trust members who took part in the Garden Tour in Germany a few years ago, she has been working with Schloss Dyck on their events and exhibitions for many years. Stephanie now lives in the south of France.
Details of our Autumn Events coming shortly.
October 2021 Issue no 72
- Sandymere Social
- Plant Heritage, Sonia Chapman
- The Roaring Bridge at Tabley
- Simon Tetlow, Tatton Park
- Bluebell Cottage Gardens
- Stockport’s many Public Parks
- One House Walled Garden
- Tom Stuart Smith, Garden Designer
- Why is this here? The Obelisk
View All Newsletters
- The Gardens Trust Historic Landscapes Assembly - Online 15, 17 & 19 November
- Introduction to Commercial Gardening 16th - 18th centuries: A new series of talks from The Gardens Trust.
- Calling all Friends of Parks Groups - Fields In Trust is Engaging Young People through volunteering to preserve and celebrate their local heritage parks and green spaces.